Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Romans 3:23

Tuesday Dannah came running up to me and began reciting her first bible verse she learned at school - hand motions and all! What an awesome memory!
"ALL haved sinned and fall short of the glory of God! Romans 3:23

We are very blessed that God has been moving in Dannah and Jameson's lives at such an early age. Both of them pray with such honesty and openess. There is no right or wrong thing to say. My mom has been really sick and Dannah wanted to send her a voice note on the phone. I thought she was just going to say I love you or something to that effect. When it started recording she started praying. I am not real sure where she first heard it but her prayer is that God will 'touch' whoever she is praying for. Later in the day she talked to Dede and wanted to know if God had touched her! AWESOME! On our way home that day Dannah was feeling car sick and we found out that my sister Jessica broke her nose. Jameson said that he needed to pray for them. "God, thank you for Dannah because she is sick and thank you for Aunt Jessica because she broke her nose."
God knows the hearts of kids; He knows what they are trying to say. And He knows our hearts. There isn't a right or wrong way to pray. God already knows how we feel or what we are thinking about, but He wants us to have a personal relationship with Him. We all do fall short and the penalty for our sins is death. But God loved us so much that He sent His son to die in our place. I love my children with all my heart. I can't imagine sacrificing their life to save someone else! God loved us that much! What an amazing God we serve!
"For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have ever lasting life." John 3:16
(This is the first bible verse I learned. My granddaddy taught it to me on my 5th birthday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment