Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 28, 2010

Scrabble cake

I know the picture is a little blury - I'm going to put a clear picture when I get them all downloaded.

David's boss and his wife play scrabble a lot- actually, I think it is a family thing. So, for his birthday she asked me to make a scrabble cake. I have to say I really enjoyed the challenge. David grew up with his mom and grandmother baking and decorating so he knows a lot more than most men would even think about knowing in the baking world. Whenever I am making a cake, he is a great sounding board for me and often comes up with ideas to enhance the cake. The game board on this cake is completely functional. The tiles in the tray spell words and the tiles laying down spell his age. I also made a score sheet (David's idea) with the score and all. (The score came from the score sheet of our last game.) I also made a pencil to go with the score sheet. Everything is completely edible. I love decorating cakes and seeing how it transforms - I'm thankful that I'm usually not there to see the cake cut because I just about can't stand it. :)


1 comment:

  1. That cake is awesome, mom and dad would love that one too - we used to play all the time!

    ReplyDelete