Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 28, 2010

Saddle Ridge Ranch

This year was our first VBS - the kids went to First Baptist Church of Flora and had a wonderful time! It really helped that the theme was a cowboy ranch because the kids have spent a lot of time this summer dressing up as cowboy/cowgirl. I am so thankful to all the people that invested countless hours of preparation to make it a success. One of my favorite things is to hear the kids talking or singing about what they learned about God. Dannah even received a fish necklace one day because she knew the answer to the bible question. She doesn't forget anything... EVER! The final day they had a celebration. All of the kids were on stage singing... well, all but mine. David's grandmother went with me to the program. When Dannah saw us she waved and was ok. But at some point she walked across the stage to Jameson, who was doing anything but singing, and pointed us out. Needless to say, they both ended up sitting with us. However, they both walk around the house singing, "I am so h-a-p-p-y and I will tell you why, I know that my God loves me and he shows me all the time." God's love is not complicated - as we become adults, we make it complicated. I wish I still had their eyes and saw things as clearly as my kids. Thank you God for your presence in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment