Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Father's Day

We celebrated Father's Day a day early this year because of vacation. I took the kids to the store so they could pick out their cards and gifts. Jameson wanted to get David new underwear and Dannah wanted to get him a work shirt. Jameson and I didn't see eye to eye on the underwear - the ones he wanted never would have left the pack. After a few minutes of arguing, he decided that he was going to get something else. For some reason Dannah jumped on the underwear gift. It kinda made me laugh - it was almost like she thought, hey, I can get him underwear and be done! I'd love to know what was actually going through her mind. Jameson decided David needed work tools - not just one, EVERYTHING! It did not matter size nor cost; he thought David needed it. And of course, Dannah 'helped' him find cool stuff. We finally narrowed it down to a wratcheting screwdriver and a precision screwdriver set.

My gift to David is still at the store. He has been wanting a tool chest for the back of his truck. We looked at some a while back, but when I went to get it-I was slightly overwhelmed. I had no idea which one was a good deal or would fall a part in a matter of days. So, I printed a picture of it along with a couple of family pictures for him to take to work and gave to him on Sunday. It's a good thing I just took the picture because he immediately started asking me questions about it - and I couldn't even pretend to act like I knew what he was talking about.

I hope David knows how much he is loved and appreciated. I think he is a wonderful father for our children. I am so thankful for all that he does and the impact he has on Dannah and Jameson. God is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment